PLEASE READ! IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
SCROLL DOWN TO REGISTER
Who: Adults & children of all ages! SYC members, family, & friends
What: Swim laps for a charitable cause and enjoy games, dunking booth & a parade of prizes.
When/Where: Saturday, June 15, 2019. Swim anytime between 7am and 1pm at the Southern Yacht Club pool located at 105 North Roadway, New Orleans, Louisiana 70124. Land activities will begin at 9am.
Why: The SYC Seagulls swim team is hosting this event to honor their fellow teammate, Brooke Posey, who passed away in a car accident in the spring of 2017. Brooke always donated a portion of her allowance to children’s charities. This year, funds raised will support the Children’s Advocacy Center Hope House of Covington.
How to Participate:
- Swimmers register & pay $10 registration fee below. Register by May 20, 2019 and receive a free t-shirt day of the event.
- Print out the sponsor form provided below to secure sponsors for each swimmer or sponsors can go to the sponsor form here.
- Swimmers arrive at SYC pool (105 North Roadway Drive, New Orleans, Louisiana 70124) on Saturday, June 15th anytime between 7am-1pm to check in and then swim. Bring any paper sponsor forms with you.
- Volunteers count the number of laps you swim; once completed the number will be posted on the Official Lap Counting Board.
- Swimmers collect tax deductible donations from sponsors based on number of laps they swam. Sponsors can pay via PayPal here or swimmers can bring checks payable to The Brooke Erin Posey Foundation to SYC receptionist (ATTN: Ernest Posey). All donations are due no later than June 29, 2019, no exceptions. Donations will be presented to Children's Advocacy Center Hope House of Covington at the Seagulls Banquet in early August.
How to Donate:
If you are unable to participate in the event but would like to donate to support The Brooke Erin Posey Foundation and CAC Hope House, please donate here.
Questions and special circumstances:
Contact Elizabeth Ehrensing at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Important information for determining maximum lap donation**
*The swimmer's level of ability may affect the sponsor's level of commitment. A less experienced swimmer may only be able to swim 1-4 laps without stopping; whereas high school/master swimmers can swim a mile or more (66 laps/mile).
- No touching the bottom of the pool or stopping while swimming laps.
- The lap shall be a continuous swim from one side of the pool to the other, any speed, any stroke.
- Lap counters will be provided.
Our goal every year is to collect money to support a children's non profit in the local New Orleans Area.
Here's to wishing everyone a great day of swimming, games and food.
Click the link below to download a printable version of the sponsor form and information page.