PLEASE READ! IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
WHO: Adults & children of all ages
WHAT: Swim to raise funds for Kids Join the Fight
WHEN: Saturday, June 18, 2022
9 am until 3 pm
Where: Southern Yacht Club
105 N. Roadway Drive, New Orleans, LA 70124
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWIM CHALLENGES
INDIVIDUALS: Register and pay $35 entry fee below.
FAMILIES: Register as a Family (up to four members) and pay $150 sponsorship fee below. Your family's name will be on the sponsor board at the event and receive social media recognition.
TEAMS: Register as a Team (five or more swimmers) and pay $200 registration fee below. Your team's name will be on the sponsor board at the event and receive social media recognition.
SWIM ANYWHERE: Since 2019, we have offered our "Swim Anywhere" challenge. If you would like to swim but cannot make it to our event on June 18, you are welcome to register and swim your challenge between June 11 and June 26.
- You can swim your laps in your home pool, at a friends house, on vacation.
- Create a fun challenge for yourself and/or family and friends. Float on your back for 20 minutes, play a game of water polo, do a fun relay with friends. There are so many great ideas out there.
After individuals, families and teams register:
- Set a personal swim challenge and solicit sponsors to raise funds based on completing that goal. Sponsor forms can be found HERE.
- Collect donations from your sponsors after the challenge is completed. Raising money will be a snap! After you register, be on the lookout for an email that will guide you on how to share your personal fundraising page on social media, by email or by text message. Sponsors may also pay by check, made payable to Brooke Erin Posey Foundation with swimmers name in memo line and mailed to Swim for Brooke, P.O. Box 57223, New Orleans, LA 70157.
- All donations are due by July 1, 2022.
**LAP SWIMMERS: Important information for determining maximum lap donation**
The swimmer's level of ability may affect the sponsor's level of commitment. A less experienced swimmer may only be able to swim 1-4 laps without stopping, whereas high school/master swimmers can swim a mile or more (66 laps/mile).
- If the swimmer(s) swims the traditional laps, (a) the lap shall be a continuous swim from one end of the pool to the other, any speed, any stroke, (b) no touching the bottom of the pool or stopping while swimming laps, and (c) have someone count the swimmer's laps.
- If the swimmer(s) choose to complete a swim challenge besides lap swimming, anything goes.
- Besides raising money for amazing local charities, our goal is for everyone to have a great time!
Here's to wishing everyone a fun and safe time participating this year! We are looking forward to all of the creativity!
Swim for Brooke Team